Laser hair reduction will reduce unwanted hair for Male and Females virtually pain free, due the the ice cooling technology. You can treat the whole body or you can target specific body part’s include legs, chest, back, armpits, upper lip, chin and bikini line. It’s possible to treat unwanted hair any area of the body except the eyelid or surrounding area. Skin with tattoos cannot be treated with Laser or IPL only areas without ink can be treated.
Treatment targets the pigment/melanin in the hair follicle, the hair works like an antenna, light travels down the hair zapping the blood capillary that is feeding the hair growth.
Hair grows in different stages, anagen, telogen and catagen. The anagen phase is the active growth stage, only around 20% of hair will be actively growing during one anagen growth phase. This is the reason professional Laser Clinics recommend courses or 6 to 8 treatments 30 to 45 days apart for best results. Your Laser technician will advise your course based on your skin type hair colour and rate of hair growth.
You should attend your treatment’s shaved. The lasers do not need long hairs for an effective treatment, in fact long hairs may reduce the efficiency of the treatment and irritate the skin.
Before laser hair reduction, schedule a consultation with the Clinic to determine if this is an appropriate treatment option for you. Your technician will likely do the following:
· Review your medical history.
· Discuss risks
· Take photos to be used to monitor progress
· Conduct a patch test
· Staying out of the sun. Follow your clinic’s advice for avoiding sun exposure 30 days before and after treatment. Whenever you go out, apply a broad-spectrum, SPF30+ sunscreen.
· Lightening your skin. Avoid any sunless skin creams that darken your skin or any methods of fake tanning.
· Avoiding other hair reduction methods. Plucking, waxing and electrolysis can disturb the hair follicle and should be avoided at least four weeks before treatment.
· Avoiding medication Don’t take any medication not discussed with your technician before treatments (this includes pain killers, antibiotics and recreational drugs). Notify the clinic of any changes to your health.
· Shaving treatment area. Trimming and shaving is recommended on the day before laser treatment. Unless you are requested not to do so by your technician.
Hairs do not fall out immediately, but you will shed them over a period of days to weeks. This may look like continued hair growth. The repeated treatments are usually necessary because hair growth and loss naturally occur in a cycle, and laser treatment works best with hair follicles in the new-growth stage.
You might need maintenance laser treatments for long term hair reduction.
3 wave ice cooled laser hair reduction uses three different wavelengths755nm 808nm and 1064nm. The 755nm is for the widest range of hair types and colour it offers more powerful energy absorption by the melanin chromophore especially light colour and thin hair. With more superficial penetration the755nm wavelength targets the bulge of the follicle and is highly effective for superficially embedded hair in areas such as upper lip and eyebrows. The 808nmwavelength know as the classic hair reduction wavelength offers a deep penetration of the hair follicle with a fast repetition rate and a large dot size for fast treatment. 808nm has moderate melanin absorption making it safe for darker skin types. Its deep penetration capabilities target the bulge and the bulb of the follicle while moderate tissue depth make it ideal for treating the arms, legs, cheeks and beard. The 1064nm is specialized for darker skin types, the 1064nm is characterized by the low melanin absorption, making it a focused solution for darker skin types. At the same the 1064nm offers the deepest penetration of the hair follicle, allowing it to target the bulb and the papilla as well as deeply embedded hair such as the scalp, arm pits and pubic areas. With higher water absorption creating a higher temperature. The incorporation of the 1064nm wavelength increases the thermal profile of the overall laser treatment for the most affective hair removal.
Get in touch so we can help you achieve your body goals…
If you'd like to talk through your skincare needs or find out more about any of our treatments, simply fill in the form below and we'll be in touch to book your consultation.